Europe Jam on the EU and the Western Balkan
Europe | When asked by one of our participants after the Europe Jam on Gender whether we would be interested in organising a Jam on the EU and the Western Balkans exploring especially the role of youth in the integration process, we of course said yes and made this Europe Jam on 19 January 2021 a Europe 2.0 – Special Edition.
Our intern Anna-Lea Reinhart takes us back to the discussion by highlighting some of the challenges in her chosen quotes.
Special thanks also to Ana Abdi for suggesting and co-organising this session!
In our Special Edition Europe Jam we welcomed our guests:
- Ana Abdi – Diplomatic researcher on the Western Balkans and EU enlargment/ Former Deputy Secretary for Foreign Affairs for the Socialist Party of Albania
- Blerina Hoxha – Project Coordinator, YouthAct Center, Albania
- Ditmir Bushati – Former Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs/MP, ALB
- Donika Emini – BiEPAG expert, CiviKos Platform, Kosovo
- Elisa Ago – Deputy Secretary General at Balkans Youth Council
- Hannes Swoboda – President of International Institute for Peace, Austria
- Ioannis Armakolas – Research Fellow at the Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy, Greece
- Kreshnik Loka – Head of Local Branch Office, Regional Youth Cooperation Office – RYCO, Albania
- Lola Paunović – European Policy Centre (CEP) Project Make Future Together: EU and the Western Balkans from the Youth Perspective, Serbia
- Nevena Todorovic – Youth Initiative for Human Rights, Serbia
- Ognjen Markovic – Project Expert, Western Balkans Youth Lab Project
- Samir Beharic – Youth activist, TEDx speaker, board member Western Balkans Alumni Association, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Vuk Velebit – Journalist/Activist European Western Balkans
Many thanks to the Alfred Töpfer Stiftung F.V.S. for supporting this project.